· regional data gathering - G&G / geotechnical /environmental / metocean
· research projects, both applied and academic
· scholarships associated with the research
· research cruise sponsorship
· provision of a forum to facilitate co-operation
· affording the opportunity for Irish involvement.
Funding: €6,098,555 (€1,524,638 per annum).
Members: Agip, Anadarko, BG, BP, Conoco, Enterprise, Mobil, Murphy, PAD, Phillips, Shell, Statoil, TotalFinaElf.
Management: Management Committee representing oil companies and the Petroleum Affairs Division PAD (chair).
Secretariat: A Secretariat was set up in Dublin to assist the RSG with a range of administrative matters including secretarial duties, contract preparation, project management and data storage.
7 Dundrum Business Park
Tel.: +353 1 296 4667
Fax: +353 1 296 4676
M/V Bucentaur - Atlantic Margin Drilling Project, July 1999
(RSG Project 97/50)