The aim of the Group was to address common industry problems in the Porcupine Basin by:
· regional data gathering - G&G / geotechnical / environmental / metocean
· research projects, both applied and academic
· scholarships associated with the research
· research cruise sponsorship
· provision of a forum to facilitate co-operation
· affording the opportunity for Irish involvement.
Funding: €806,281 (€268,760 per annum).
Members: Agip, Chevron, Elf, Enterprise, Marathon, PAD, Phillips, Statoil.
Management: Management Committee representing oil companies and the Petroleum Affairs Division PAD (chair).
Secretariat: A Secretariat was set up in Dublin to assist the PSG with a range of administrative matters including secretarial duties, contract preparation, project management and data storage.
7 Dundrum Business Park
Tel.: +353 1 296 4667
Fax: +353 1 296 4676
The PSG completed its term in 2002. In all a total of 32 projects received PSG funding.
"Porcupine-Goban Region - a Standard Structural Nomenclature System"
PAD Special Publication 1/02
(PSG Project Reference P00/1)