· regional geological and geophysical data gathering and studies aimed at improving knowledge of petroleum systems and exploration potential;
· special engineering studies to improve E&P cost effectiveness and recommendations on better procedures and practices;
· environmental baseline studies and monitoring with a view to developing regional impact assessment frameworks;
· other project areas to be agreed with the PAD.
There are four technical committees covering the various work strands of the ISPSG as follows:
· Geology & Geophysics
· Data Management & Support Services.
Funding: €87,361 per annum from Licence Groups and the PAD.
Members: Chevron, ConocoPhillips, Dana, ENI, Shell, PAD, Ramco, Total and Statoil were the initial members of the first phase of the ISPSG programme from 2002-2003. The currently active ISPSG membership (October 2017) comprises AzEire Petroleum, BP, Cairn Energy, Chevron, ENI, Europa Oil & Gas, ExxonMobil, Nexen Petroleum, DCCAE/PAD, Providence Resources, Repsol, San Leon Energy, Serica Energy, Shell, Sosina Exploration, Statoil, Total, Tullow Oil and Woodside Energy.
Management: Management of this group is by way of a joint Industry / PAD management committee, chaired by the DCCAE/PAD and assisted by the technical committees and a Secretariat.
Clare Morgan (DCCAE/PAD)
Robert Murphy (AzEire Petroleum)
Amelia Tustin (BP)
Martin Dashwood (Cairn Energy)
Dave Lewis (Chevron)
Dario Del Gaudio (ENI)
Murray Johnson (Europa Oil & Gas)
Thomas Twigg (ExxonMobil)
Greg Jones (Nexen Petroleum)
Keith Byrne (Providence Resources)
Hugo Matias (Repsol)
Alan Campbell (San Leon Energy)
Clara Altobell (Serica Energy)
John Conroy (Shell)
John Odegaard (Sosina Exploration)
Catherine Allsop (Statoil)
Christian Tichatschke (Total)
Joe Mongan (Tullow)
Andrew McCarthy (Woodside Energy)
Secretariat: A Secretariat has been set up in Dublin to assist the ISPSG with a range of administrative matters including secretarial duties, contract preparation, project management and data storage. Contact:
7 Dundrum Business Park
Tel.: +353 1 296 4667
Fax: +353 1 296 4676