· regional geological and geophysical data gathering and studies aimed at improving knowledge of petroleum systems and exploration potential;
· special engineering studies to improve E&P cost effectiveness and recommendations on better procedures and practices;
· environmental baseline studies and monitoring with a view to developing regional impact assessment frameworks;
· other project areas to be agreed with the PAD.
There are four technical committees covering the various work strands of the ISPSG as follows:
· Geology & Geophysics
· Data Management & Support Services.
Funding: €87,361 per annum from Licence Groups and the PAD.
Members: Chevron, ConocoPhillips, Dana, ENI, Shell, PAD, Ramco, Total and Statoil were the initial members of the first phase of the ISPSG programme from 2002-2003.
The currently active ISPSG membership (January 2020) comprises AzEire Petroleum, BP, Cairn Energy, CNOOC International, ENI, Europa Oil & Gas, Equinor, ExxonMobil, DCCAE/PAD, Providence Resources, Repsol, Sosina Exploration, Tullow Oil and Woodside Energy.
Management: Management of this group is by way of a joint Industry / PAD management committee, chaired by the DCCAE/PAD and assisted by the technical committees and a Secretariat.
Clare Morgan (DCCAE/PAD)
Robert Murphy (AzEire Petroleum)
Caroline Whorlow (BP)
Martin Dashwood (Cairn Energy)
Dave Lewis (Chevron)
Greg Jones (CNOOC)
Chiara Monesi (ENI)
Simon Haynes (Equinor)
Murray Johnson (Europa Oil & Gas)
Thomas Twigg (ExxonMobil)
Keith Byrne (Providence Resources)
Hugo Matias (Repsol)
Clara Altobell (Serica Energy)
John Odegaard (Sosina Exploration)
Christian Tichatschke (Total)
Joe Mongan (Tullow)
Andrew McCarthy (Woodside Energy)
Secretariat: A Secretariat has been set up in Dublin to assist the ISPSG with a range of administrative matters including secretarial duties, contract preparation, project management and data storage. Contact:
7 Dundrum Business Park
Tel.: +353 1 296 4667
Fax: +353 1 296 4676